[Sca-cooks] subcontracting dayboards/meals

Melanie Unruh-Bays maredudd at caerthe.org
Tue Apr 29 12:07:13 PDT 2003

From: <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net>
Date:  Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:35:41 -0400 (EDT)

>Question for the assembled: has anyone tried a variety of 'subcontracting'
>meals-- where one person makes up the list and gets various cooks to be
>each responsible for preparing/bringing one dish?

We're (kinda) doing this for Twelfth Night - but each cook is responsible for one course. And we do it (kinda) this way when we do Stewpot tasting tables, but each cook chooses the dish.

> How practical is this?

Well, I've seen it work, but almost everyone agrees that problems arise when too many cooks need to use the same limited resource - the kitchen. I would suggest *a lot* of pre-cooking.

Eirene