[Sca-cooks] A&S Victory

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 10:24:34 PDT 2003

This past weekend at the Atenveldt A&S Championship I was very
honored to see all the entries of some of the finest artisans in
the Kingdom. Man, I'm such a talentless slob.  :-)

Someone who is definately not talentless is sometime contributor to
this list and my former lady HL Selene O'Malley. The requirements for
Champion call for at least 5 different categories and she provided
a magnificent display. Although there was no food involved she
still awed me with her displays.

A post-14th Century Flemish Middle Class dress.
An Elizabethan lady's hat with beaded caul.
A musical string ensamble Fantasia. (She plays cello)
An Elizabethan civilian armored tall hat. (You hadda see this!)
and bone ice skates! (This was definately one of the most talked
about entries.)

Selene won the categories of Footwear and Accessories (Lady's hat & Caul)
Performance Arts (the Fantasia)
Armor (The civilian hat which beat out a couple of amazing and well
constructed helms as well as a full chainmaille hauberk)
and
Toys and Games (with the ice skates)

Selene's displays were wonderful and she has earned the moniker
"Documentation Queen".

She really blew folks away and scored over 100 points higher than the
nearest competitor. Her new position is very well earned and totally
amazing.

Not bad for a lady without even a Grant level A&S award.  :-)

I'm sure she will have photos of her entries and others on her website
soon. Right now she's just remembering what rest is.

Gunthar