[Sca-cooks] OOP: BBQ Sauce, was some other threads...

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 4 12:10:04 PDT 2003

I haven't bar-be-que'd anything for quite a while... and i made my
bbq'd ribs in my oven...

I mixed, to taste, Unketchup (made by Westbrae - no sugar, no honey,
no fruitjuice), brown sugar, soy sauce, sherry, sambal ulek/oelek OR
garlic-chili paste... i think that was it... The Unketchup did not
dominate and i have a light hand with the sugar...

I am very tempted by the idea of a mustard BBQ sauce.

I always have a vast multitude of commercially made mustards in my
fridge - mustard with garlic and Moroccan preserved lemon; with
wasabi, jalepenos, and lime juice; with horseradish; with cranberries
and ginger; Dijon Poupon...

and i have made some of my own.

... so Stefan (i think you posted about it), what's in it?

Anahita