[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Blood Drive

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Aug 22 11:44:58 PDT 2003

Having heard about your thread on the topic while we were away, I thought
I'd let y'all know how the blood drive went at Pennsic this year, since I
was involved, a bit.

When the call came out on the Lists, I knew I'd want to donate, and to help,
so I contacted the lady and volunteered my services. She needed help for the
first shift on Friday, the 8th, so since the shift she needed help for would
cut into my normal Chirurgeon's shift, I went ahead and volunteered for
both, working the canteen, and scheduled myself for the last donation of the
day.

We got off to a good start- his Majesty of the Middle was the first one
through the door, and on the table. Throughout the day, we had a total of 32
donors, with 13 more who were deferred until Monday. At the Monday drive, we
had 45 donors- not sure of the deferrals- not bad, for a first time drive.

I am proud to say, that SPCA Household had 100% participation from eligible
donors- which was only 5- me, Rob, Aine and Scotty, and Jim, but was at
least a start. I count as ineligible those who had health issues, or
religious convictions.

Next year, I think I'm going to ask the members of SCA-Cooks to help. This
year, we only had the standard munchies to offer, with some pop and coffee.
I'd like to ask those of you who are willing, to see if we can make the next
blood drive into a Feast for Donors, where we're pulling people in because
of the great munchies offered.

Anybody willing? I'll coordinate, unless you'd prefer someone else to do it.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.