[Sca-cooks] SCA group names

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 22:48:52 PDT 2003

Brighid commented:
> My husband, while a student at WPI, was one of the founding members of
> the local SCA shire.  He was present at the historic meeting during
> which
> the new group was dubbed the Shire Von Sosse (German for "Shire of
> Sauce").  After all, it was the Worcester Shire.
Is "Von Sosse" the actual name of the group? Where is this mundanely?
I'm always interested in getting the stories behind SCA group names.
Why they were chosen and what they mean (or in cases like my own
group's, what they were supposed to mean). If you look in the two
placenames-msg files in the Florilegium and don't see the story of your
group's name there and you know it, please send me a message about it
for these files. This is another opportunity to get your name into the
Florilegium. :-)
Stefan
PS: Are there any SCA groups named after foods? Or some type of cooking?
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com