[Sca-cooks] period horseradish sauces

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 31 13:21:15 PDT 2003

Anahita commented:
> I say almost because i've made dishes like horseradish sauces (German
> and Spanish), compost and pickles, and that really good reduced cider
> sauce that Brighid translated from Spanish at home ahead of time.
Can you post the original translations and your redactions for these
two horseradish sauces? I'd love to have them for the horseraish-msg
file in the Florilegium and perhaps try them myself.

Does anyone know why this plant is called "horse"radish? Do horses like
to eat the greens?
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas