[Sca-cooks] OP food question

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 5 09:55:16 PDT 2003

AEllin Olafs dotter wrote:
>Modern Chinese food, actually - my brother was talking about something.
>He said it is glutinous rice, mixed with chopped meat (sometimes
>vegetables?) wrapped in a leaf, and steamed. Can't remember the name,
>and he may be asking me to pick it up for him.

Sorry to hear about your brother's illness.

As for this item, i can't recall the name (not much help, am i), but
i used to eat them in LA. I *think* they're Cantonese... Wrapped in a
bamboo leaf, IIRC... They had other tidbits in them besides meat -
chopped water chestnuts, some other stuff, even maybe some "tree"
chestnuts.

Gee, i haven't thought about these in years! It was the mid-1970s
when i was dating a young Chinese-American in Los Angeles... Another
tasty thing he introduced me to was a giant dinner plate sized thin
ground pork patty with plenty of garlic... I never found a recipe for
this...

So, Frater Adamantius, anyone else... can you help?

Anahita