[Sca-cooks] OOP Food Content, Brown Windsor Soup, was Goon Show

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Aug 5 16:16:17 PDT 2003

Yes but where is the version made with OXO?

Eileen White includes a 1892 recipe for Windsor Soup made with calves
feet, madeira wine, salt, and cayenne pepper which is darkened with
caramel coloring. Served on crayfish quenelles.

I suspect this is all Victorian and has to do with the Widowed Queen of
Windsor.

This is from Soup which is part of that new series The English Kitchen
from Prospect Books.

Johnna