[Sca-cooks] A Virtual Viking Siege Feast Contest

Ran ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 20:05:27 PDT 2003

>times.  Thus you bring both familiar and unusual delights to the tables of
>your feasters.
>
>For this feast, to work with, you have ( all fresh unless otherwise noted):

This VERY close to the shopping list for the 10th C Irish/Viking feast that I
cooked sunday.  Were you peeking at my list???

Barley Soup - whole barley, onion, turnip, carrot, mushroom
Chicken with leeks and parsley
Seethed Beef with pepper
Salmon Grilled
Barley and hazelnuts
Oatmeal pudding with milk
Turnips in butter
Parsnips roasted
Cabbage and bacon
Carrots in honey
Fresh and dried Mushrooms
Compot - carrot, pear, turnip, cabbage in vinegar, honey, and mustard
onions roasted in coals
Fresh cheese with dill
Cheese - edam with nettle and caerphilly
Oatcake
barley and wheat Bread
Spelt bread
Bread (purchased)
Strawberries
peaches
Mustard sauce
Garlic sauce
Butter, honey, salt
Mead, Cider

This isnt an entry... it doesnt quite fit... but its awfully close.
Ranvaig