[Sca-cooks] Frozen turkey

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Tue Aug 5 20:55:03 PDT 2003

Also sprach Aurore:
>I know we had this conversation about old frozen turkeys.  So what
>was the comments about a turkey been frozen for over a year, eatible
>or garbage.  Aurore

There's generally a diminution of quality, but it's not necessarily
garbage. It largely depends on how well it's wrapped, the frozen
temperature, and how stable that temperature was in storage. Mostly
the one-year limit is probably processor/packer-devised to limit
their own potential liability.

Not that I'm advocating storing a turkey for three years or anything...

Adamantius