[Sca-cooks] Re: Blood donors

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Thu Aug 14 11:23:59 PDT 2003

Ringer's solution for one.  I'd have to pull out the books for the others.
I've always believed it's a waste product.  Once it's removed from the body
it falls into the same category are urine and feces.  When someone is about
to die, they harvest them for organs, why not blood?  When I worked in the
funeral industry they NEVER did that.  When someone is dies in an accident
or on the way to hospice why not remove blood then, they won't.

Also, I've had illnesses and childhood diseases that you've never had, same
with you.  If you give me your blood, I can and I know of someone who got a
transfusion during Crohn's and got hepatitis and chicken pox.  It's now
shingles.  She was NEVER exposed to chicken pox until the blood transfusion.
She was in ICU when she got transfusion and donor had chicken pox thingies.
I haven't' had lunch yet so my brain isn't functioning.

Kinda like when you breast feed, child has ALL your immunities from anything
you've every had or been vaccinated for.  Same with blood.

Soffya
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm
three fleur-de-lys Or

For those that are interested...what are the products? Why do you discourage
donating?

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com