[Sca-cooks] Re: Blood donors

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Aug 15 18:02:29 PDT 2003

As regards the last couple of posts-

Is a crisis situation, particularly one as emotionally charged as a loved
one in danger, it is VERY EASY for a layman to misunderstand or be confused
about what is happening/has happened. Jeanne, I strongly suspect that you
misunderstood, or that your question to medical personnel was worded so
that you got an answer, but not the answer to the question you thought you
were asking. And what happened to your dad and what happened to your
youngest are not related. Please don't draw conclusions that could endanger
someone's life, particularly when you are not qualified to do so.

On a personal note, I owe my life more than once to a variety of blood
products. And I thank the gods that someone, somewhere, gave some time and
a bit of blood. I like living- it has it's merits.

'Lainie