[Sca-cooks] Check your machines everyone!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 20 04:59:22 PDT 2003

If anyone gets one of these annoying things that says it's from me,
it isn't. It would have gotten my address from someone's address book.

These things take advantage of holes in those various and
unfortunately ubiquitous MS products and I don't use a MicroSoft
operating system, and i don't use Explorer or any from of Outlook. So
i'm safe from these.

I must have gotten at least 2 dozen of them today (well, really
yesterday). I don't open the messages - i immediately toss the
attachments in my trash and empty my trash, and delete the messages.

Heck, I got a message today (well, really yesterday) from
<lilinah at earthlink.net> with one of those annoying .pif's. I *know*
the virus didn't send itself from my machine to me.

You can't believe what the simple headers say. However, sometimes you
can see where it came from if you look at the complete headers.

Anahita
well, it's getting late, errr, early. I better go to sleep.