[Sca-cooks] Olives

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 22 19:41:18 PDT 2003

Sharon asked:
> Did anyone save a copy of the article on how to take fresh olives and
> brine them from
> http://www.finegardening.com/fc/features/ingredients/olives/1.htm .
>
> At least one SCA group, according  to the Florilegium, used the
> article to preserve many gallons of olives from an SCA member's tree.
> But now the link to that article goes to their home page instead.
Grumble. grumble. It appears that you found the link and the comment in
the Florilegium olives-msg file. My appologies for the link now being
bad. I'm afraid I don't have the time to try to keep such links
current. :-( That is why there is no 'links' page in the Florilegium.

If someone finds out the new link, could you please send it to me and I
will correct the file.

Or, if someone wants to do some research and write me an article on
turning fresh olives into something edible (hopefully using period
techniques) I would love to have it for the Florilegium. Even more so
if it was written from first hand experience.

This is something I wanted to learn more about. Unfortunately, I never
got over to that now missing page myself.

Stefan
(Write an interesting, useful article for the Florilegium. It is one of
the quickest, surest ways to get yourself enshrined in the Florilegium
:-) 'course doing something unusual like Mordonna works sometimes)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com