[Sca-cooks] Oops!

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sat Aug 23 20:53:57 PDT 2003

Also sprach Pixel, Goddess and Queen:
>Tabasco in the quantities necessary to make mayonnaise the correct color
>and consistency as Russian dressing is painful. Or so I am told. And when
>you can't even have bread or beer to offset it, it's worse.

I guess growing Scotch Bonnets and eating them as a fruit off the
bush has skewed my perceptions a bit. I had figured Tabasco was
medium, but not ridiculously, hot, and diluting it with mayonnaise to
a pinkish, thickish/pourable consistency would presumably cut the
heat somewhat.

OTOH, don't Reubens call for Swiss cheese, too? How can you eat them
on Passover?

Adamantius, nowhere near the fire-eater of his youth, but still quite
respectable...