[Sca-cooks] SCA media relations

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 24 09:56:33 PDT 2003

>Have there in fact been bad stories about us?

I don't know if there has been any bad media stories, but the Society for
Creative Anarchism has a bad rep with some police and Christian groups. A
friend of mine was in the Army and all of his stuff for the SCA was paid for
by them so that he could come spy on us. He loved being able to be paid for
doing his favorite hobby!

I myself was warned by someone several years back that I shouldn't be
joining a bunch of crazy anarchists.Then there were some people that thought
we were off in fantasy land and had played D&D too much. I can only think
that stories about us have only helped us, cause I haven't encountered these
attitudes in recent years.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com