[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Blood Drive

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:51:14 PDT 2003

> > Well, there is a standard food pack that gets sent to every drive, but
>it's
> > pretty limitted, which is why I felt we could do better. For example,
> > Scotti's Aine was unable to eat anything because of her celiac
>difficulty,
> > and others who were on Atkins, or were type 2 diabetics had similar
> > problems. I'm thinking that if we set up a dayboard along the lines of
> > something Jadwiga or Andrea produce, we'd encourage donors, make more
>folk
> > able to donate, and encourage the phlebotamists and other staff to FIGHT
>for
> > a chance to serve Pennsic. Win-win, on all sides ;-)
>
>Ok, I'm hearing my name called. *wry Grin*
>
>Are we talking: meat and bread and things to put on bread, plus fruit and
>veggies? Do we want pies (spinach pie, anyone?) Do we want sweets? Who
>does good sweets? (All I do is comfits.)
>
>-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

Timing is just not good for me to think about this.  Not after this year's
pennsic.  This year I think we fed half of pennsic between House Blackstar's
mongolian BBQ (about 100 folks), Atlantia's party (about 200 people) and the
interkingdom party headed up by Marinus (over 300 folks) we have taken a vow
not to do one single thing outside our camp next year.  Now we come home to
find our next month or more doing foodie stuff for one thing or other every
weekend.
Well, keep this thread on the list later next year and I will probably cave
and volunteer to do something.
Right now I just want my hand to stop hurting.
Olwen