originals and redactions Re: [Sca-cooks] "All the King's Cooks"

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Thu Aug 28 18:38:23 PDT 2003

Also sprach Ron Carnegie:
>     As a historian I must immediately wonder, without the original
>sources what makes you think the redactions ARE accurate?  Personally I
>don't use redactions at all.  I don't use printed ones, nor do I create
>my own, I just follow the receipt.

I try to avoid them myself, at least ones written by others.  On the
other hand, writing one up can be useful when working with others,
teaching others, creating shopping lists and using resources in a
feast-type situation. It's good to know, when you're doing several
dishes for lots of people, what you need all that milk, or all those
onions, for.

So for experimenting with one dish at a time, I prefer not to use
them, but I do try to keep a record of what worked, and come up with
a workable recipe, even if after the fact.

Adamantius