[Sca-cooks] Period chefwear?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 28 23:48:58 PDT 2003

Lorenz asked:
> Are there any good online resources or recommended books that cover
> clothing
> worn by period cooks?  My lady wife's small collection on historic
> garb and
> textiles doesn't seem to contain any usable examples.  Specifically,
> I'm
> looking for late period German or French, but anything in period would
> be
> nice to have.
Well, there is this place called the Florilegium... :-)

In the FEASTS section:
cooks-clothng-msg (36K)  3/23/03    Period and SCA cooks clothing.
There is also this file in the CLOTHING section, but I'm not sure if it
has much late period stuff or not. This is in the CLOTHING section:
aprons-msg        (28K)  6/ 2/99    Medieval aprons for both men and
women.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas