[Sca-cooks] Chores like unpacking Pennsic boxes

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Aug 29 06:36:23 PDT 2003

> > I'll do a lot to avoid unpacking my Pennsic boxes.
> What? You mean you aren't almost immediately opening them up after
> getting home? That is usually one of the first things I do. After a
> long, hot shower of course. I've got to get to all those books,
> T-shirts, cloth. books, incense, books, spices and books that I've
> bought at Pennsic. Besides the dirty clothes get shipped home, so they
> won't be home for another week.

*grin* the cool stuff I bought never made it into a box, because I bought
it Saturday morning after I had packed up. (This is how I maintain my
budget-- only essential purchases get made during the week, like the
vegetable dyed hemp thread, then on Saturday I do my Pennsic shopping...)

The dirty clothes are washed, but now I'm dealing with the clean clothes,
the mustard kit, the spices kit, the handouts, the food kit, the coolers
that need to be cleaned, and of course the leftover pickle jars from War
Camp that need to be santized and deodorized 'cos my Mormon friend knows
someone who can get honey for $1.25 a pound if you bring your own jar...

> Oh, you mean unpacked as in everything put away? Well, um, uh... There
> are still two boxes on my living room floor with some items in them.

I have about 8 boxes, 3 of which haven't made it out of the car yet. I've
also picked up 2 bookcases and a futon sofa at the thrift shop, and
haven't brought the sofa in out of the car because there's no room until I
throw out the old mousy sofa...

And I'm supposed to be 4 places at once this weekend... :)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I'm sorry, the antichrist you have dialed is no longer in service.
Please check your list of enemies and dial again."