[Sca-cooks] originals and redactions, was "All the King's Cooks"

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 30 21:27:28 PDT 2003

The definition of redaction is one of those subjects which has come up
before.

In terms of period cookbooks, it refers to the process of editing and
revising the work into a more usable form for a modern audience, which may
include editing the recipes to a more modern standard.  I prefer the words
adaptation and interpretation as more accurately describing the modern
preparation or editing of historic recipes.

Bear