[Sca-cooks] Museums

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sun Aug 31 06:32:15 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan li Rous" <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
To: "SCA-Cooks SCA-Cooks maillist" <SCA-Cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 2:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Visiting New York

> AEllin,
>
> Are you speaking specifically of Labor Day Monday in another day or so?
> Or is this Monday closure true of all Monday's?
> Stefan

Actually it is my understanding that most large public museums in the US
that are open on the weekends are closed on Mondays.  IIRC it is to give the
staff a break, and to shift items/do work during the day that they do not
want to do with the public getting in the way.  If I were intending to visit
any museum in this country on a Monday I would call to check rather than be
disappointed.

Daniel