[Sca-cooks] Food service in period -- arab, jewish

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 2 09:30:58 PST 2003

I'm doing a feast on February 21 that is conviviencia-era Spain and I'm
trying to come up with some period food service schtick for the Muslim and
Jewish courses.

What elements of the meal _service_ would be typical of muslim
(specifically andalusian) feast service in period? For instance, is
handwashing before eating part of the food service?

How about Jewish period food service practices? I know about handwashing
(on the sabbath)...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_