[Sca-cooks] OT ERs was Kind of OT: Christmas food drives

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 14 15:56:23 PST 2003

>Yeah, and I remember being strapped to a backboard for 3 hours after a car
>wreck (not my fault) because the ER had a sudden influx of kids with runny
>noses and such. ERs do the best they can, but it does take time. It's
>nothing that's especial to poor folks, it's just one of the sections of the
>system that needs a bit of work.
>
>Saint Phlip,

Which is why trauma centers were developed.

Despite the "improving" economy, the trauma center in Oklahoma City is in
danger of closing because it's "too expensive" to run.  Fortunately, there
are negotiations to raise the money to keep it open.  The fact they are
having to hunt for funds is depressing though.

Bear