[Sca-cooks] tabletop fountains

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Dec 15 08:14:29 PST 2003

Olwen commented:

Actually, my sister, who knows my affinity for water noises, sent me a
beautiful tabletop fountain.  Trouble is in my studio I have three outlets
and two circuit-breakers.
Besides, the cats would keep drinking the water.  They do
at my friends homes.
<<<

Thank you for this confirmation that cats will drink from the fountains. I've been thinking of using one of those fountains to provide water *for* our cats. Or I thought about buying the water pump for these fountains, adding a filter and creating my own bowl system. I also did see in one of those airline magazines (on the way to Pennsic) that there is a pet waterbowl that recirculates the water through a filter, so I may just buy one of those.

Our cats now tend to avoid the waterbowl and stand by the tub faucet waiting for us to turn it on. One quite frequently. I taught this to my first cat years ago. I think the next two learned it by watching the first cat. Now those three are gone but the last two, brought in as littermates, were around number two and three long enough to learn it from them. So, multi-generational learning in cats.

Stefan