[Sca-cooks] Turkey

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:53:55 PST 2003

Hi all.
After I sent off the last response I got lead astray into the wildes of MSN
on some holiday foodie quiz and let further astray by another link about
wild vs. domestic turkeys which was somewhat entertaining especially the
part when he wrote:

"Love machines
Wild turkeys--the males--put on quite a show when they court. Their gobbling
drives the females to distraction. Their heads are outfitted with all sorts
of apparatus whose only function is to make lady turkeys swoon. There's the
wattle, the beard, and the caruncle. And let's not forget the snood, a long,
red, fleshy flap that hangs over a turkey's beak. (I can't help hearing in
my head a turkey cover of  "Brass in Pocket" by the Pretenders:  "... gonna
use my wattle ... gonna use my snood ...")"

Anyway, if you want to read the rest of it go here:

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/Features/Columns/?article=storyoftheturkey

THLady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar