[Sca-cooks] Too late... need to gripe...

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Tue Dec 23 22:02:30 PST 2003

Argh.  It's 1 am, and I'm up baking for Christmas eve.  'Twasn't
supposed to be this way.  Talk to the toddler.

The first batch of merengue I made for the flourless chocolate cake
didn't turn out.  First time that's ever happened to me.  So, I had to
start over with seperating another half dozen eggs.  When I finally got
it whipped up and folded into the chocolate mixture and ready to pour
into the pan, I discovered that the bottom of my springform pan is
missing.  I cannot conceive of how I could have the rim of the pan and
not the bottom.  I am Not A Happy Camper over that fact.  So, I had to
use 4-1/2 inch springform pans - and I only have two of them, which
means I have to do this in two batches.  Thus, I have to stay awake an
extra hour or more to bake the second round.

All this so my celiac father can have dessert, since the other dessert
is a tart.

Oh, well.  At least I'll get the laundry done tonight.

*snore*

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei