[Sca-cooks] marzipan plastique

Mary Morman mem at rialto.org
Wed Dec 24 06:49:53 PST 2003

I attended the Leeds University cooking conference in York last spring -
right at Easter - and managed to score and entire 5 kilo block of
marzipan from my very favorite York confectioner.  He took it straight
out of the kitchen wrapped it in plastic wrap and tucked it in a large
plastic ziplock-type bad.  I was VERY chuffed!  I packed it in my
checked luggage and found notes from both the Brit and US security
people asking me if I were to pack something like this again to please
label it as foodstuffs.  The marzipan had been opened and bits pulled
off the end - for testing, I imagine.

And -I- am willing to be that the Patriot Act DOES INDEED include a
paragraph to the effect that "you can destoy the property of anyone you
choose, just because..."

Elaina