Not OOP--serving shrimp (was Re: [Sca-cooks] OP: shrimps

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Dec 2 12:53:55 PST 2003

Mightily wrenching the topic around to something vaguely period:

In C. Anne Wilson's  _Food in Britain_, she talks about shrimp being eaten
in period and that they were served with vinegar. But that's all that she
says. How would one go about cooking and serving shrimp, for, say, a 13th
c. feast? Or would this have been considered low-class and not served?

Margaret