[Sca-cooks] Stuffing birds

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 4 22:33:43 PST 2003

  Maggie MacD. commented:
> How many layers of bird did you want to go? There may not be room for
> grains/veggies inside.  If you put a small bit of grain/veggie around
> each layer of bird, that would give it something to soak up the cooking
> juices, and be very ineresting!
I've also heard of folks using different colored spices between these
bird layers, or perhaps different colorings in the stuffing between the
layers to make the layers stand out more.

Unfortunately, while I have info on these animals stuffed within
animals in the Florilegium, I think what I have starts with a camel and
not a turkey. I would of course be interested in other period
references to this sort of soteltie.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas