[Sca-cooks] mixers

KristiWhyKelly at aol.com KristiWhyKelly at aol.com
Thu Dec 11 09:19:51 PST 2003

I'll admit I'm a gadget junkie.  But if you have a food processor with a good
dough attachment it works just as well as a mixer for small batches of dough.
 If you are planning on using the mixer just for mixing and money is a
consideration, maybe you should think about a really good hand mixer.  The cuisinart
hand mixer that I have has a stronger motor than my girl friends low end
KitchenAid.

I will say that I really like my KitchenAid for the big jobs and recipes that
I will be doing large or repeated batches.  I like that my hands are free to
do other stuff while something is being mixed and it makes adding ingredients
much easier.  But don't bother with the smaller mixer, if you're going to
spend the money might as well wait for the big sale at Macy's and get the big one.

Just my two cents.

Grace

In a message dated 12/11/2003 12:09:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,