[Sca-cooks] cooking times over an open fire

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Dec 15 12:22:57 PST 2003

I think this may be one of those "this can only be learnt by practice"
topics- my sweetie (who taught boy scouts for years) claims you cannot
boil water over just coals, you must have flames. Fortunately flames
happen right after you light the fire and while you are making/prepping
the coals to roast things over.
Betsy (aka Pyro- two guesses why...)