[Sca-cooks] process approach to food history - custard

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Dec 15 14:21:08 PST 2003

Buttes' Dyets Dry Dinner appeared in print in 1599 and contains dietary
information,  so
yes the Elizabethans are still at least paying lip service to dietary
conventions in print.
Moufat or Mouffett's work which appeared in print for the first time in
the 1650's but was
written in circa 1594-1595 also contains dietary information. Eating
Right in the Renaissance
is the title that surveys these and other late dietaries.

Johnnae llyn Lewis