[Sca-cooks] Preserved (Pickled) Lemons

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Dec 16 11:20:41 PST 2003

> Also sprach Yehoshua ben Haym:
> >a while. With about 15 minutes done I added some couscous. Well its not
> >exactly couscous but sort of a past that looks like big couscous. I don't
> >know what its called in English. (but its yummy and cheap at the shuk).
>
> There's a product known in English as Egg Barley, basically egg
> noodle dough extruded and cut off into little
> 1/8-inch-by-1/8-inch-by-1/8-inch pillow-shaped chunks.
>
> Something like that?
>
> Adamantius

Actually, it's couscous, just not instant couscous. It's round, about 1/8"
in diameter uncooked. I've seen it somewhere as "pearl pasta". I can get
it here (in the Minneapolis suburbs) at the local ME markets labeled as
couscous, with a cellophane window in the box so you can see which size
you're buying, and in the regular grocery store in the "ethnic" section
with all the ME stuff in it (as opposed to the "ethnic" section with all
the Asian stuff in it).

Hmmm. I may have to make some for dinner tonight, if I can figure out what
else to put it with.

Margaret