[Sca-cooks] Pistachio Marzipan

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sat Dec 20 19:06:34 PST 2003

Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
>Adamantius wrote:
>>I was looking for pistachio extract there yesterday, but they were
>>out. Coulda gotten ground, shelled pistachios several blocks east
>>(think Lexington Avenue), but it's pretty expensive. Someday when I'm
>>rich I'll experiment with festicade, which is basically a period,
>>pistachio marzipan...
>
>Oh, oh, oh, ah, ah, ah, aaaaaaahhhhh
>
>So where's the recipe?
>
>Anahita
>who lives where pistachios are not very expensive

I think it's in one of the Italian sources (seems likely...). I'll
have to look for it, but it's probably either in Opusculum de
Saporibus, or else in that detailed Italian wedding description (it
basically says it's made from pistachios and sugar in the same way
that marzipan is made from almonds...)

I'll look for it and get back to you. So far all I can find is the
pignole version, in an account of a Milanese wedding (see above, my
error...).

But I'm pretty sure I've seen a pistachio version, too.

A.