[Sca-cooks] Favorite chocolate truffle recipe?

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Sun Dec 21 19:35:56 PST 2003

Hey all from Anne-Marie
On making the truffle tidbits, I've found a bunch of smaller sized
scoopy/scrape-y thingies in specialty kitchen toy stores. Martha uses
'em, I hear ;). I have one that's just bigger than a Tablespoon, made by
OXO. Works ok for cookies, etc, which I assume is its intended purpose.

I wonder if you could do a peanut butter core in a truffle like object?
And would it be possible to incorporate bits of dried pear into a
chocolate truffle? Mmmm.....candied ginger? Or marrons glace? (that
could be construed as guilding the lily, I think ;))

I make mustard for folks for 12th night (le menagiers recipe more or
less...basic red wine mustard with some poudre forte thrown in ;)), but
it gets dull for me after a while. Truffles would break it up nicely, I
think ;). Plus I can smugly say "its French, n'est pas?" and feel all
continental ;).

Hmmm. Do you think I need to go make real dinner now, or can I just
finish the rest of the truffles that didn't fit into the cookie plates I
made this week? ;)

--AM