[Sca-cooks] freezer recommendations

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 22 11:07:31 PST 2003

> >They seem to come in various sizes, but all seem to be much cheaper
> >than refrigerators which is surprising to me. Should I get the
> >biggest which will fit? Or does that end up costing you a lot more
> >in energy costs?

[snip]

> As superficially naive as it may sound, you might talk to a salesman.
> Obviously he's going to try to steer you toward the most expensive
> models, but all other things being equal, there's no reason for him
> not to (and plenty of reason _for_ him to) steer you toward the
> better buy or better model between two similarly-priced freezers.

Not only that, but in the store, at least in our area, you will see on the
label of each unit the estimated energy cost. I've found these figures are
rather reliable unless you live in an area with some wierdo smalltime
electric company, in which case all bets are off from month-to-month
anyway.

-- Jadwiga who is in favor of small business but finds that small business
monopolies incubate real strange things.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
".. objections to the evils of political correctness have become a
hypocritical reflex that lets people justify all kinds of rude behavior
while telling themselves that they're actually standing up for freedom and
values and tradition and stuff."
-- Phil Agre, author, Red Rock Eater News Service.