[Sca-cooks] Pistachio marzipan

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:40:59 PST 2003

>Adamantius commented:
>>I was looking for pistachio extract there yesterday, but they were
>>out. Coulda gotten ground, shelled pistachios several blocks east
>Yes, but I don't think ground *unshelled* pistachios would be very good...
>>(think Lexington Avenue), but it's pretty expensive. Someday when I'm
>>rich I'll experiment with festicade, which is basically a period,
>>pistachio marzipan...
>Do you have the period recipes/sources for this festicade? This sounds like
>it might be interesting. I wonder how the taste compares to almond
>marzipan. There you go, Olwen. Maybe you could eat this festicade.
>
>Are pistachios that much more expensive than almonds? Both are probably
>cheaper than pecans.
>Stefan

Yes, I have read of this pistachio marzipan.  I have also read of the one
the Mexicans make with seseme seeds which I am interested in trying.  Right
now I have my hands full of that dratted almond one, and will soon be
pressing sugar.
Oh, I signed up to teach "Your Arms in Marzipan" at the Cooking Collegium at
Settmour Swamp on Jan 24th, which, I think, puts me right out for a local
thing.
Olwen