[Sca-cooks] freezer recommendations

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 22 13:22:13 PST 2003

Ours is a Kenmore and it's done fine for us.

I would get the biggest one that will fit, since it will fill up
surprisingly fast. I would definitely go for frost-free. (If you're planning
to buy meat in bulk to repack and freeze, I strongly recommend investing in
a FoodSaver if you don't already have one. The vacuum-packed stuff doesn't
freezer-burn anywhere near as fast as regular-packed stuff.) I like shelves
better than drawers or bins because most of my stuff is in freezer cartons,
but bins are good for bags of frozen veggies and things like that. I've also
put shoe-box-size plastic storage boxes on the shelves to hold meat bricks.

Do try to have some kind of organization or filing system, and LABEL AND
DATE everything that goes into the freezer, or you will end up with UFOs
(unidentified frozen objects).

Cynara