[Sca-cooks] One of the original fruitcakes has beenadmitted to ;

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Dec 22 20:06:56 PST 2003

My mom used to say that it was traditional (may still be, for all I
know) to have a "bride's cake" (the big, fancy one) and a "groom's cake"
(smaller, sometimes saved to eat on the first anniversary).  When my
folks got married, they did something like that, and the groom's cake
was a sort of white fruitcake (fruitcake of some sort being fairly
common for groom's cake, and besides, my dad was a fruitcake fiend),
while the bride's cake was the traditional big white thing with all the
icing and such.
--maire