[Sca-cooks] News from Outlands re Caerthen 12th Night

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 23 21:57:09 PST 2003

> Jadwiga... I recall you being named a member of the Orders of the
> Manche and the Silver Crescent on the same day, or at least very
> close together. Which came first?

I recieved my Silver Crescent (service award, a.k.a. "bummer of a
birthmark, Hal") and my Maunche one month apart. However, I am told that I
was polled for and approved for the Maunche in Their Majesties' first
polling of the reign, and for the Silver Crescent in the second polling.
Certain heralds wanted to see me get them both on the same day, but their
sadistic impulses were stifled...

However, I'm a special case. I understand that my Maunche was for arts in
herbalism and gardening, and my Silver Crescent for cooking (esp.
dayboards) and other service, with a heavy emphasis on the heraldic office
I held at the time (and, embarrassingly, was in the process of resigning!)

So, I don't know if that helps.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists certainly as love and
generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to
your life its highest beauty and joy." -- Francis P. Church