[Sca-cooks] Pistachio marzipan

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 07:02:27 PST 2003

>Olwen commented:
>>Right now I have my hands full of that dratted almond one, and will soon
>>be
>>pressing sugar.
>Pressing sugar? Huh? Maybe this is Olwen's new exercise program. Lie on
>back. Pick up five pound sack of sugar and lift overhead. Repeat. Of course
>her doctor probably wouldn't recommend this using her injured right hand.
>:-)

Silly Stefan.  No, pressing sugar into/onto molds and letting it get hard.
I am going to try making a faberge egg.  I will also need some pieces for
the St. Basil's Cathedral, which will mostly be gingerbread and marzipan.

>>Oh, I signed up to teach "Your Arms in Marzipan" at the Cooking Collegium
>>at
>>Settmour Swamp on Jan 24th, which, I think, puts me right out for a
>>local thing.
>"Oh! Good", I was thinking, Olwen is going to do the class at Pennsic.
>Then I realized you meant Settmour Swamp as in a local group somewhere. Not
>the Settmour Swamp camp at Pennsic. :-)
>Olwen, are you going to take pictures?
>Stefan

Take pictures?  Probably I will because I usually do.  The unfortunate thing
is that I haven't figured out how to post any pictures since I left my last
job a year ago.  And I have _dozens_ to post!  Heck Stefan, there is no
telling that no one will even *take* the class.  There are lots of neat
classes going on that day.
Olwen