[Sca-cooks] News from Outlands re Caerthen 12th Night

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 24 09:42:59 PST 2003

>> So, what's cooking well for lots of people from period recipes?
>
> Depends on which Order of High Merit you get recommended for first. *wink*

That's a bit of an Ouch.  I earnt the AoA and GoA level Arts awards first
[Harp Argent and Lux Caidis, both for culinary arts] then my Pelican.  Let
us just say that I am as motivated for the highest Arts accolade as a young
fighter is for Knighthood.  Yes, I know that expressing that wish is not
considered "proper," but let's face it, I'm an "arts jock."  The
opportunities for challenging the Laurels are fewer, unfortunately.  I tried
the Iron Chef thing and lost, but it was a relatively close thing;  defeated
but not stomped into the sand!  Any other ideas would be welcome.

Oh, and I never got the Grant-level Service award.  My lord husband has,
however.  I'm content to be able to say that he's got an award that I have
not. <proud-of-my-honey smile>  Oh yes, he has a Harp Argent for cooking
too.  "Cooking and Performing Arts -- and Architecture" added King Timothy.
Long story. <grin>

Selene C.