[Sca-cooks] Totally OT Christmas musing...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Wed Dec 24 13:20:44 PST 2003

Also sprach Phlip:
>Well, because although it was recorded in the 60s, it was never released
>until the 90s, and the Monkees weren't /aren't popular enough for someone to
>use them as a draw to a movie? I enjoyed them in the 60s, and I know they
>had a revival in the 90s, but that revival was pretty small, as I remember.

Yes, these are probably from the same lyrics site
I found. I considered including them, but figured
people could get them if they wanted to.

It's a beautiful rendering of the song, despite
being sung by the guys that invented MTV (well,
one of them, anyway) and largely inspired the
invention of the modern music video (which may or
may not be a good thing). I suspect (but don't
know for sure) that the song itself may be from
within the SCA's period.

A.