[Sca-cooks] Merry Christmas Gunthar!

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 25 18:35:21 PST 2003

>Enjoy your day, your velveeta, your lasagne, and your orc slaying.  It
>sounds like a well-rounded holiday!

Actually, things have gotten much brighter.
When I lost my job earlier this year I also lost my apartment. With losing
my apartment I also lost my beloved ferrets. Some friends were keeping
them and I got visiting rights, but I pined for them. My current roommate
didn't want them around so I accepted that.

This Christmas has been pretty horrible for a couple of reasons, but when
I came home from work tonight the friends were over to wish me a
Merry Christmas. They said my present was in my room. When I walked
in there was the cage and two happy weasels. They cajoled my roommate
to allow me to have them as long as I made sure they were kept clean
and non-destructive.

This is a very low time emotionally for me right now and this gift was the
gift of laughter. I didn't think anything could cheer me up and I was wrong.
Ferrets are a major pain in the tuchus, almost as bad as squires, but I love
them dearly.

There was also a plate of lasagne waiting for me.  :-)

>We'll raise a glass and
>toast all the fine cooks here, including the gentleman who lets us into his
>living room to be obsessive, compulsive, strange, rude, compassionate, and
>friends.

I'll raise the glass for all the folk here. But I take none of the credit.
I've learned
so much and changed my attitude about so many things since starting this
little monarchy. You guys have been there through everything we really are
a very close knit clan.

Thank you all.
And, something I haven't said all year......Merry Christmas.

>Christianna

Gunthar