[Sca-cooks] Seeking Food Dictionary

Solveig nostrand at acm.org
Fri Dec 26 21:11:22 PST 2003

Noble Cousin!

Greetings from Solveig! I gather that my reputation has for good or ill
preceeded me. I should explain further. There are several problems. One
is the problem of archaic words. To some extent, I am helped by a
specialized dictionary of archaic botanical references which is a purely
Japanese text. I have also made ample use of multivolume botanicaly
and zoological dictionaries at the Harvard Yen-Ching Library. Basically,
I can get most terms as far as modern scientific names, Things like:
"Cephalotaxus harringtonia" or "Podocarpus nagi". That sort of thing.
What I need to do now is find common English equivalents.

Actually, I am feeling very distressed at the moment as I appear to be
missing several hundred pages of photocopied botanical and zoological
dictionary entries.
--

					Your Humble Servant
					Solveig Throndardottir

| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS   |
| deMoivre Institute              | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est       |
| mailto:nostrand at acm.org         | mailto:bnostran at lynx.neu.edu       |