[Sca-cooks] My Christmas dinner & LOOT

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 22:34:57 PST 2003

Adamantius commented:
> Also sprach Robin Carroll-Mann:
> > Christmas dinner was a beef roast, accompanied by roasted root
> > vegetables, and my first-ever Yorkshire pudding.  It came out well,
> > but would have been better with some gravy, I think.
>
> Yes, it's a conundrum. If you either roast the vegetables in the same
> pan as the beef, or cook the pudding in it (some older recipes
> recommend this), gravy integrity can be compromised.
Huh, why is the gravy integrity compromised? The vegetables or the
pudding soak up too much of the drippings? Or they do something to the
drippings or something else?

Most of my gravy making still consists of opening a can or mixing up a
powdered mix.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas