[Sca-cooks] Seeking Food Dictionary

Solveig nostrand at acm.org
Fri Dec 26 23:23:44 PST 2003

Lord Adamantius!

Greetings from Solveig! PAFF! PAFF! I resemble that remark about Old
Carolingians. Why, I remember when Baron Patri wasn't a baron yet.
However, I can not claim to be a true relic as I arrived during the
vicarage. Regardless, how good is that book of yours at identifying
the truly odd? I have bought quite a few books on spec and have for
example a handbook of Japanese industrial food processes as a result.
Even some well recommended books such as the one about literary plant
references can be a bit daunting at times. It does work most of the
time. Alas, not all of the odd plant names that I need can be found
even in this august tome.

>Also sprach Solveig:

I can hear the timpani sounding. boom boom, boom boom, boom boom, boom boom.

>I found the Chinese Herbal I was talking about earlier: it's called
>"Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica", compiled and translated
>by Dan Bensky and Andrew Gamble, with Ted Kaptchuk. C. 1986 Eastland
>Press, Seattle. ISBN 0-939616-03-3

I wonder if they are still in business. They are rather obviously a small
press. Regardless, thank you for the citation. I will check into it.
--

					Your Humble Servant
					Solveig Throndardottir

| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS   |
| deMoivre Institute              | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est       |
| mailto:nostrand at acm.org         | mailto:bnostran at lynx.neu.edu       |