[Sca-cooks] My Christmas dinner & LOOT

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Sat Dec 27 15:28:46 PST 2003

Hi Ho Everybody!

My christmas lunch was of the nice & cool variety (Brisbane, Australia is
currently having a heat wave) - lunch at the parents involved precooked
turkey (stuffed with dads famous apricot & apple & bread stuffing); sliced
ham off the bone and various salads such as potato (cold potato cubes with
salad dressing, small bits of celery, bacon bits); coleslaw (basic variety)
and bits and pieces like beetroot and pineapple chuncks.

Since I was still recovering from a 3 day lurgy attack, I only had small
bits of food and settled for some triffle and cream for dessert (trifle is
sponge cake and jelly and custard all mixed together - dad ususally makes it
with the sponge cake having been soaked in either brandy or rum for a little
while)

My Christmas loot was good- the DVD for Hitch Hikers Guide for the Universe
from the B/F; the set of Robin Hobb's ship books from a friend; the Action
figures of Eomer & Eowyn to complete my LOTR montage I have going; some
medieval craft books and as a gift to myself I got a Habaci (sp?) bbq (just
a small portable one that we have to work out how to put together before we
cook on it).... and of course tickets to the opening session of ROTK (it
opened here on boxing day)

So a nice Christmas in all - and now (soon) I have to start working out
menus and recipes for the 3 events I've committed myself for in the coming
year (just so I can work out the written budgets for the paperwork)

Huggles to you all - and may your New Year be wonderful!

Marion

Mari de Paxford
(aka Sue Laing)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/paxford/