[Sca-cooks] oddities of stuff, was canned gravy??????

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Sun Dec 28 10:09:48 PST 2003

my mom occasionally strings celery.
i understand that many of the relatives on both sides and back string
celery... i never understood it myslef except for the most tough and
"stringy" bits..... and usually those get chopped into stock, so it doesnt
matter.
it seems to be an "issue" with some of my family.

likewise the norwegian side peels all radishes! they looked at me eating a
whole radish like i ate peanut shells or something.....

and the absolute insistance on "peeling" a cucumber is . odd to say the
least.
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...